Some information about the "Dala horse"
Ever since the 17th century, dala horses have been manufactured, both as a by-product of the furniture carpentry or as a toy.
The Dala horse is available in a lot of different designs, but the most common one is the one that is decorated as "kurbits" on a red base.
Today there are all possible variants of dala horses, such as reflexes or table mats, etc.
A large part of the Dalas horses are produced in the small village of Nusnäs in Dalarna.
Did you know?
- The world's largest Dala horse is located in Avesta, 13 meters high and only about 2km from our business.
- There are many different types of dala horses, for example, bornhästen, rättvikshästen, siljanshästen, leksandshästen, soldtackan and many more.
- The Dala horse is among the most common symbol for Sweden.
- It is also the most commonly purchased souvenir by tourists coming to Sweden.
- The smallest Dala horse produced was only 3.4 mm high